This blog is for Christian women seeking Healing and Peace through our Savior Jesus Christ.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sharing Our Healing -- Not Our Hurt

Women are compassionate creatures; we share our joys, our sorrows, our stories, our love with everyone within our reach. But sometimes, we share our sorrows inappropriately. I have done this, perhaps you have too. I've poured my heart and soul out to someone and then, later, deeply regretted doing so. 
This blog was created to bring comfort and peace and to promote healing through Jesus Christ. Every time a woman visits this blog, I want her to be comforted and to receive encouragement. It is because of this desire -- to have this blog be a place for healing-- that I don't want this to be a forum for sharing our grievance stories. Grievance stories are the stories you tell of how you were betrayed, offended, hurt, or disappointed by someone or something in your life. We all have grievance stories, but if we get stuck repeating them over and over again, we never move past them. We become the victim in our grievance story and the story then defines who we are. 
I have found that when I feel a desperate need to share my grievance story that the very best listener is God. He listens with perfect understanding. He listens with perfect Love. He listens for as long as I need to talk, and He never interrupts! :) 
So please, please remember to keep this blog a place for healing, a place for peace, a place of good comfort.
For a beautiful song sung by Christian recording artist Hilary Weeks, regarding pouring your heart and soul out to a loving Heavenly Father, click on the link below.
~Laurie


He Hears Me

Here I am again, down on my knees
And with every pleading word, Thy comfort I seek
Though the words are slow to come, my thoughts are racing by,
Peace fills the room, Thy Spirit is nigh

He hears me
When I'm crying in the night
He hears me
When my soul longs to fight
'Til the morning will come
And the light of the dawn
reassures...
He hears me

An hour, wherever I may be
In the silence of an empty room, or on a crowded street
Whether offering thanks, or in urgency I pray
I never go unnoticed, I'm never led astray

Chorus

Any whisper of the soul
No matter how old
Father hears the call

Chorus

~Hilary Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment