This blog is for Christian women seeking Healing and Peace through our Savior Jesus Christ.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Everlasting Friend

No matter what circumstances you find yourself in, there is one friend you can always depend on for love and support. He will never forsake you, he will never disappoint. He will be your everlasting friend. The following is a lovely poem/hymn written by John Lyon. (I have changed the words to first person.)

O Lord! responsive to my call,
In life or death, whate'er befall!
My hopes for bliss on thee depend;
Thou art my everlasting friend.

Though life be short, and trials seem
to darken its protracted gleam;
Though friends forsake, and foes contend,
Thou art my everlasting friend.

Death may distract my present joy,
And all my present hopes destroy;
Yet, these will in the future tend
To prove thee still my faithful friend.

O let thy Spirit with me dwell,
That I in future words may tell,
How I o'ercame, and in the end
Made thee my everlasting friend.

~John Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment